Friday, March 7

21 challenge day 7 Who am I?




Yesterday's quote got me thinking about who and how I am and how I act with other people. I had to read it several times before the hole meaning sunk in, and it made more and more sense. Here's the quote, so you can try and understand what I am talking about (for dere som er norske som ikke skjønner hva det handler om, tenk janteloven):

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." - Marianne Williamson -

I found an old photo of myself today. It's taken in 1992 in Zürich at a student party (the theme was "American", so we were supposed to look american, eat typical american food - hamburgers - and had american names). I can still remember how fun it was - 16 years later. That's so scary, to actually say "16 years ago....". The picture shows a lot about how I was back then; always up for a party, having loads of fun. The photo is from my time in Switzerland where I was au pair for a year. It was a life changing experience and I made some really good friends there. I'm so happy to still keep in contact with two of my best friends from that time (håper dere leser dette Elin og Gunvor). Although we don't see each other very often, I know that when we get together again, it will be as if no time has past. Hope it will happen soon, hint...... When I saw the picture I also saw how much I've changed since then, and that gave me the idea for todays lo. This is the first step to finding out WHO I AM.

No comments: