Wednesday, June 11

Back from SAG, tired and full of inspiration

I had a great weekend at SAG in Noordwijkerhout and I believe my mother enjoyed it too. It was so nice spending time with her. Saturday evening we stayed up til 2 am looking at old pictures and preparing for the sunday workshops. We had a busy program with workshops every hour, but we just kept going. There were a lot of downsides to the organisation; like bad handouts, wrong or bad kits (like kits and goodybags with 2 years old ugly papers), bad lunch and awful make-and-takes. But as for the teachers and the social side of it, we had a great time. My favorite workshop was CD Muckosky's "My fondest memories", where we learned great techniques with watercolor, DIY tape, buttons, self made letters, tissue paper, low cost scrapbooking at it's best and SO creative. It got me one step closer to finding MY style. Up til now I have been doing a little bit of everything - I just like too much - but I feel most comfortable with the more hands on, DIY, freestyle, not-to-busy-paper kind of style, still with the photos and the story as most important elements. All my latest LOs I have done hand stiching or machine sewing, fabric and lace or painting, handmade and handcut title letters. I did this before CD's workshop, but she got me one step further. A lot of my latest LOs I'm not able to share at the moment, but here are the first finished LOs from CD's workshop (it's my design, CD showed us different techniques, but the design of our LO's we had to figure out ourselves - just the way I like it). As for CD, she was just the sweetest and nicest person. She had her husband helping her out, and they were really the cutest pair I have ever met. If you are not familiar with CD's work you should check her out on her blog. She is one incredible talented girl and was not "scrapbooker of the year 2006" for nothing...


Here are my first two LO's from my collection of 25 favorite summer memories; flowers and eating ice cream:

edited nov. 2008, had to remove the picture, since it is beeing published in Creating Keepsakes....



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Takk for sist. Dette var kjempefine LOs. Er trøtt ennå!!
Klem fra mams

HegeT said...

Høres ut som dere har hatt en super helg.
Morro med besøk, og treff.
Og når man "finner seg selv" får man liksom en ny giv i det man lager.
Gleder meg til å se det fine du lager...

Jeg har forresten tagget deg....
ta deg en tur til bloggen min.....


helgeklem fra HegeT

mi@ said...

Så kule layoutene dine ble!
Helt enig i at kurset til CD var det beste og mest inspirerende.

Skal gjøre den taggingen en dag til uken ;-)

moniek said...

ontzettend leuk om je te ontmoeten bij CD!
Je layouts zijn fantastisch!

XXXM