Wednesday, September 24

The art is found - cardboard challenge

I had a go at the art is found challenge to use cardboard this week. I used a 12x12 piece of cardboard as a base for my LO and tried out a painting technique that I saw on Åshild Ruuds super inspiring art journal blog. First I painted the piece with yellow paint and let it dry, then I put on a thick layer of green paint and while it was still wet, I made circles with the hard end of a pencil tempting to make them look like a wood pattern. The effect that you get is kinda like negative embossing and looks really cool. And SO fun to do! I know I'll do this again. I finished the LO with my three centerpieces (MJL = Mats, Jonas, Lotte in case you were wondering) and voila!

5 comments:

Åshild Ruud said...

Så stilig, Marianne! Morsomt at du har brukt teknikken på en 'ekte' LO :) Lekkert! Takk for at du lot deg inspirere - og vit at du inspirerer tilbake!

Sarah said...

Wow I really like your layout, simple yet powerful. I love the way the journaling "matches" the tree rings.

Jingle said...

You did a great job with this challenge! I love the circles in the green!

Rhi said...

gorgeous take on the challenge!

Evi said...

Wow! Mooie LO!!