Tuesday, October 7

Grape talk and one more DYL lay-out

Here's my bonus assignment LO for Cathy Zielskes class. The challenge was to make a LO with a color combination (blue, yellow, orange and brown) and I LOVE those colors - very "autumnlike". I did use her sketch as a base, but in my very own way. And for once the LO is about me.




And since it IS autumn, I wanted to share these pics of Till making wine - well not really wine, but juice from grapes and grape liqueur. Beeing from Norway, I think I appreciate having grapes at the front door just a tiny bit more than others. You just don't have grapes hanging over your doorway where I come from, the summer is too short. And this year we had SO many grapes comming from just this ONE plant - and Till didn't want the birds to get all of them, so inspite of having the flue (he's not very good at beeing ill) he desided to make "wine". I didn't manage to take a pic of the finished product, but I think he got more than 7 litres out of it. Not bad from just ONE plant....
This container (below) was filled to the edge.
This is the plant and our front door (hidden behind all the plants....)
And don't forget to check in on the Memory Lane Scrapbooking blog tomorrow. We have a project, and this time I did it..... something to get you in the christmas spirit....

4 comments:

Vibeke said...

Så utrolig stilig den ME lo'en var!!!

Diva Loca said...

Hi Marianne!

Thanks for leaving a comment - crazy we're both taking the same classes...i am LOVING both although i've had absolutely not time whatsoever to devote to them...

You live in a beautiful country! I've had many great memories in Amsterdam! Loved the architecture and the people...

Have a great day and I'll see you around in "class"

ania said...

Wow, så kjempegøy med druer rett utenfor døra!! Ungene elsker druer og spiser gjerne en pakke på under en time liksom- en pakke som koster 30-35kr...urk!! Så skjønner godt du nyter dette! :D Og så gøy med hjemmelaga vin :D

Jill R said...

Hi! I found your blog from Kimberly Brimhalls' Blog class, and I must say, the photos of the grapes and your front door are beautiful!! I've bookmarked your blog for future reference!