Thursday, November 27

About getting along, nintendo ds, telescopes and crafting books....


I'm holding back. I don't want my kids to sit behind the nintendo the little time we spend together. So no, we don't have any. I feel like we're the only ones. And I'm not gonna buy any this year either. Allthough Mats mention it right on the top of his wish list, I will not go there. I truly believe this is the reason why my kids get along so well. Sure, they fight sometimes, but it's oh so very little. Most of the time they are the best of friends, sometimes actually TOO good friends (ignoring Mommy), never bored, loads of fantasy and creativity. So I have made it clear to them, that Sinterklaas will not bring them any nintendo ds or x-box or wii or pokemon cards....When I sat down to talk to them yesterday and I asked them if they could wish for only ONE present, what would that be, Jonas said without hesitation "a knutselboek" which is a crafting book. I was sure he was going to say "race care" or something like that, but no, more than any thing else he would like a crafting book from Sinterklaas. Can't complain about that. Then I pop the question to Mats (who is almost 8) and he says "nintendo ds is the ONLY thing I want, punt" (which means periode). Then I ask him "so you wouldn't like a telescope or a watch or....". I didn't have to go on, he was ecstatic. "Yes, I want a telescope!! That's what I want. So I can watch little things. Puh! Relieved Mommy, who had already bought that telescope....

1 comment:

tara pollard pakosta said...

I totally agree!
my girls have the ds lite games for the car when we go on trips and they are allowed to use them weekends ONLY and you know what? they barely use them. they might go 2 months without touching it then remember and play for one day but then it goes away again. we also have the wii, but again can ONLY be played weekends and as a familY! my girls would rather be reading, drawing and playing HOUSE or school! isn't that awesome!? LOVE that pic of your kids! love your blog
tara