Sunday, November 9

Maniarunway week 5

It's sunday again and another runway show. This weeks assignment was to make a round LO based on a given sketch and some bubble plastic. I really enjoyed this challenge. I made a design with Lotte smelling the flowers in a garden we visited on our vacation in France this year. I made a painting effect with bubble plastic and green paint on the background paper, used a very old piece of lace and some newer ribbons and made a ribbon flower with painted edges. But the piece I am most happy about on this LO is the "frame" behind the round picture. It's originally a plastic holder for needles (the one holding the needles when you buy them), that I couldn't bring myself to throw away. As it turned out, it was the perfect object to use as a frame for the round picture and it gives the LO a cool dimensionality. I painted it green to make it match.

11 comments:

Vibeke said...

Det bildet der var helt utrolig nyyydelig!!! Lykke til i dag:)

Kathrine said...

I loved your take on this!

Gratulerer med plassen videre :)

Rainy said...

Hi found your blog through Donna's article about you. Really enjoying your work. I also save so many little pieces to use from packages and such, my family makes fun of me. LOL

Silje said...

Kjempestilig utførelse!

Gratulerer med plassen videre!!!

Lillenala said...

Gratulerer masse med plassen videre du og :)
Det var en utrolig hærlig lo. Tøft med grønn og rosa sammen. Blir spennende neste uke!

Torill said...

Grattis med plass:-) Skal heie på deg jeg! Dette var en skikkelig flott LO! Fint at det er litt annet enn vintage også!!
klem

TheLittleFrog said...

Loving it!!!

almadr said...

Love the picture!and the paper flower ... and bubble wrap dots look great!
p.s. could you tell me how you add this great white frames to the pictures you put on your blog? thanks.
anna

Evi said...

Gave LO!

neeta said...

Denne digga jeg!! Fantastisk bilde og fargene er helt nydelige sammen. Herlig!:)

D@nielle said...

so sweet !