Sunday, February 8

What a day....

I really had the bestest day yesterday. Pampered and spoiled all day long. Here are 10 pictures to show and tell.....I got breakfast in bed, incl. self baked croissants (!) and fresh orange juice... (the picture looks pretty weired, but it was really bad quality due to bad lighting, so I decided to make it look funky instead...kind of retro)

Then I was sent of for a half day SPA with a hole body massage (mmm). Here I am, ready to go....
....and here's my time out place with a view. This is the lounge, where you stay in between sauna visits or massage treatments. I really love that place. You just read or sleep or play a game or you do absolutely nothing, it's gorgeous....(I was reading about photoshop, he, he....)

This is the entrance of the spa. Makes me wanna go right back.....

Here's a sign of spring from the restaurant where I had a delicious lunch. The sun was peaking through the clouds and really made all the difference. I got faith back that spring is actually around the corner.
Here's a peak at some of the presents I got. Drawings, picture of a present that didn't arrive on time, croqueted flowers from my grandma, the lovely rose I wished for (my Till really is a romantic...). There are some books missing in the picture. Got a very funny book from my father in law (already started reading it, and I love it....) and an inspiring book from BIL and family (brother in law).
After SPA, it was cake time. Till had baked it all by himself (he really outdid himself on the baking and cooking aspect this time), and the kids couldn't wait......

....Lotte really couldn't wait so she went ahead and took some pieces around the edge while Till was on the toilet, leaving the cake looking kind of interesting..... Here she is showing me her crime...
Here's the cake. Till had cut a masking "M" out of paper to make the M. Shows he has his creative sides too... And it was delicious......mmmmm.... (can you see the weired edges?)

..and Till had already set and decorated the table while I was in SPA, using our finest porcelain and silver (ha, ha, he really is cute....). In the background is Jonas, reading one of the books they'd been picking up from the library earlier. He reads really well without practicing at all, but he doesn't want to be different, so he tells everyone he can't read (perfectionistic little boy).

Till prepared a 3 course dinner which ended with a Ben & Jerry cookie dough ice cream dessert! Mmmmmm... if you haven't tried it, well, let's just say it's time you do..... It was all really delicious and perfectly cooked. Well done husband! After getting all kids to bed, we turned into couch potatoes and had a good laugh watching Mamma Mia the movie. I could watch that movie over and over and over again.
Thank you to everyone who sent me birthday greetings, everyone who called and sent me e-mails. You all made my day very special. Love ya! And a special thank you to my dear Till. You are the bestest husband EVER!!!!!!!!! L O V E you!
I think I would like to have a birthday EVERY day......

5 comments:

T:o)ve said...

Gratulerer med bursdag i går, og morsdag i dag :)
Riktig storhelg for deg denne helga ;)

almadr said...

Happy Birthday ;-)
looks as yo had a great time - hope you'll have more such pleasurable days in the year !

Evi said...

Nog proficiat met je verjaardag!!!

HARTENKERSJE said...

Hi, alsnog gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag. Wat een verwennerij, heerlijk in spa , diner doro je manlief.

lfs Kirs

D@nielle said...

wow jij bent verwend, wat een geweldige verjaardag. Sorry voor de late felicitatie ...