Monday, March 2

More art journaling 102 with Dina Wakely

My studio is a MESS! Which means I have been having fun. Here are two more art journaling pages, creating motifs, textures and layers. In this first page I used a mask of my own silhouette (from a picture) and played around with gesso, paint and oil pastels. I used stamps, cardstock, sponge, lace and even the sewing machine (a bit hard to spot). I think this is my favorite page so far.

and here's the second page where I used the butterfly mask again in combination with spray ink and acrylic paint. The lace patterns are stamped with lace and white paint. Really just playing around and learning some techniques. Fun, fun, fun!

And spring has finally arrived here in Holland. We took our first long trip by bike and went to Tafelberg, which is a beautiful nature park. The children climbed around and played with whatever nature gave them (like sticks and trees) and a football. I got to have my first photoshoot practice with my new camera and got a few good shots. We ended the outing with lunch in the Tafelberg restaurant and found ourselves right beside one of the best dutch soccer players ever, Patrick Kluivert, hee, hee. The trip pretty much took all day. It was fantastic to finally enjoy the outside and the family like this. Looking forward to the season ahead of us...

This picture cracks me up. Almost looks like it is staged, but it is so very real and almost unedited. My two climbing boys and little Lotte safe on the ground, eating something. Next year she will be right up there with the boys.... aren't the surroundings awesome?

I love the background on this picture. It looks like a painting...
No time for posing for the photographer...

Have a great week! We will have a messy week, redoing our hallway and guest toilet.....

6 comments:

Anne Kristine said...

Så lekre kunstverk du har laget.
Herlige farger og så flott satt sammen.
Tar det samme kurset jeg også ..bare ikke fått malt så mye enda.
Også kjøpt kurs#1 og lekt med Gesso.
Herlige bilder av barna her og så herlig med vår...her snør det idag.
Ønsker deg en flott dag.
klem Anne

{ Kristina } said...

Nææ, så utrolig stilig, digger den sommerfugl siden din. Det er sånn maling jeg vil få til, men det går bare ikke. Bruker du mye vann når du bruker den malingen??? :blond:

Syns du burde legge ut steg for steg bilder altså. :nikker:

Herlige bilder av familien din. :)

Evi said...

Wow! Erg gaaf wat je maakt!
Dat zou ik ook wel een keer willen doen!!:))

ania said...

Du ser virkelig ut til å storkose deg :)

Pia said...

så super flotte kunstværker

Siv Anne said...

Du er jo virkelig kunstner.
Herlige bilder du har lagd