Wednesday, June 24

Goodie bag tutorial

Like I promised yesterday, (and, yes! I did find that cable) here is my little tutorial. I have to get used to the bad quality of these pics compared to what I usually get with my 5d. It's just not the same...





Anyway, here is what I used:

The Sweet Tweet paper from the Singspring collection, Sausandesigns, flowers and borders stamps from Sausandesigns, colorbox stamp pad; color scarlet, red maya mist, black archival ink, some old book papers, glue dots, a stapler and some transparent foil (cellophane) - not sure about the English word there.

First I cut out a piece of the paper, 3,5'x4' or 9x10 cm and folded it in half. And I went around the edges with the red ink. I also sprayed some maya mist on the old bookpaper and let it dry.Then I stamped some borders on the front and some flowers and leaves on the book paper with the black ink, and cut out the flowers and leaves by hand.
I addhered the flowers and leaves with gluedots, just one dot in the middle, and bent the edge of the flowers to create some dimension. This looks ten times better than just leaving them flat.

It then looked like this:

I wrapped some nougat squares (if there is any Italians reading this, and you have the recipe for Italian nougat, I would LOVE to have it) in the foil and fastened it with the stapler. Last step was to attach the paper tag to the bag with the stapler as well.

And here is the finished product, ready and steady for todays party (picture taken with the good camera this time. What a difference....) Have a great day!!!

5 comments:

Sidsel said...

Kjempefin forklaring, Marianne! Jeg ble litt fristet - hadde jeg bare hatt tid .........
Klem fra mams

LilleAsk said...

Lekkert. Og nå har jeg lyst på sjokolade her jeg sitter på jobb.
Ha en god sommer Marianne!

Katrin said...

Thank you for sharing! The little bags are so cute!

ToneF said...

Åh, jeg digger sånne godteposer! De er så morsomme å lage og så kule å gi bort :o) Og særlig når det er noe veldig godt oppi da :o)
Hjemmelaga nougat... mmm... hørtes veldig veldig veldig godt ut!!!

*klem*

Toujours-Moi said...

Thank you so much for the lovely tutorial. I really love the bagtoppers!