Wednesday, August 12

Summertime is good for finishing off older projects...

...isn't it? I brought with me several kits that I needed to finish off, to Norway, with big hopes of getting it all done during my 3 week stay. Of course it turned out I was hoping for TOO much, but I DID finish 2 cool projects from my class kits from PACS Italy this year. I will show one of them here today. It's the acrylic album from the uebertalented Lory's class and it's a book about me for once. I LOVE the colors, the fabric and elements and tecniques from this projects. All thought through brilliantly by Lory. I especially like the blue thickers from American Craft, that make every page pop. To make the book MINE and not just a copy of Lory's (which was absolutely fab, btw.), I did give it my own twist. I arranged the acrylic elements alongside, so that it could also stand on it's own. And I did the design of the pages my own way, so I guess I could take credit for that part:). More importantly it now feels like it's MY book, where I can write thoughts and dreams and maybe a few secrets...

This is the front of the book when it is closed (the stamp on the front is from Scarlet Lime btw.):

and this is what it looks like when it is open and standing (these pics were all taken by my lovely cousine, Martine, hi Martine!!!):close up of the first page:one more close up to show how the tag opens up and holds journaling and a quote:close up of page 2:
and page 3 (you might spot some hambly rub ons there...?):
and here is page 4 (the back of page 3) and it's about the love of my life....:

and I think this is my favorite part of this book, a plastic envelope that is glued to the back of the album and holds little mini layouts where I can write about "secrets and dreams". This way I can extend this book as I grow older and change...And finally, little pics of the cards/layouts inside the pocket, and as you can see I didn't finish all of them. I will fill in my journaling as time goes and I have something to write.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Nydelig album, herlige farger, digger den lekne stilen!
Jeg er helt elendig på å gjøre ferdig LO'ene mine, de fleste mangler tekst ++...
Har 3-4 minialbum halvferdige, i hodet er jeg allerede videre på nye prosjekt og gavealbum...
Må nok bli litt mer strukturert ;-0
Lørdagskvelden er satt av, litt usikker på om jeg kommer meg på noen av kursene dine, men kveldene er ledige!
Klem

Evi said...

Super leuk!

celine navarro said...

hey you! how are you? :)
these layouts are just sumptious :)
hope you're doing well!

Loredana said...

Hi Marianneee,
my sweet friend!!! I love your mini album and what you wrote about it about what it had to be for you, your place, your album!!! You are a big!!! I love the front, the inside od the albu , all I love the 4 four pages and I cross my fingers for you for you dreams !!! You are a great photographer so I'm sure Your dream will come true soon!!!!
Love you!:)
Big Big kisses

D@nielle said...

cute project !