Sunday, January 10

A fun gift - tutorial

For my sons last birthday party, we did a different take on the good old "goodie bag". Instead of filling a bag full of cheap and unnecessary stuff, we gave away a fun decorated chocolate bar. I used the new collection from Sausan designs, and I love how cool they turned out. In the following you can see how I did it and how simple it is.

This is what I used:

- papers from Sausan designs Love generation collection
- Sausan designs acrylic stamps (little boy and little girl mini set)
- tacky glue (strong and fast drying glue)
- black archival ink
- stripes of torn fabric or plain ribbon
- feathers
- chocolate bars



First I cut the papers into squares; 6 x 5.5 " or 15x14 cm (if you use a different size chocolate bar, you would have to adjust accordingly, obviously). The 6 inch sized squares on the "happiness" paper are perfect for this project. Then I cut out little tags, stamped them with the girl and the boy stamps, to write the names of the guests and punched holes.



I glued the paper around the chocolate bar, let it dry, then tied the ribbon with the tag and the feather and voila, this is how they turned out:





Fun and simple and highly appreciated.

8 comments:

T:o)ve said...

Flot noen flotte goodiser Marianne!
Denne ideen er super som bordkort også, *notere bak øret*
Ha en videre strålende uke :o)

Maya said...

Disse var kule! Den ideen må jeg ta med meg videre til neste barnebursdag!

sylvie said...

This is adorable and a really easy to make gift! Fab! TFS

Lucia M said...

fint! I hope I picked the right word:)

hanne said...

Herlige! Denne ideen kommer jeg definitivt til å bruke!

Nicole said...

hei Marianne,

what a great idea for a little gift. Speaking about gifts, I have one in my blog for you. I hope you can and will accept this one.

You are a true inspiration!!

Hilsen fra Norge

Silvitanova said...

And very original!

Pink Heather said...

So cute. I love the little label stamps.