Tuesday, November 30

Felted basket


As promised yesterday, here is the knitted and felted bag or maybe basket is a more appropriate name. I knitted is as if it was a huge hat (it was really huge before I felted it). I'm sorry that I don't have the recipe for this one either, but if you know a bit about knitting, it really is super easy. I just made it up as I went. I started at the top, and used quite a big round pin and thick wool. When it was finished it looked like a giant hat with 2 holes. It was very exiting to see how it turned out after being in the wash, and I was happily surprised. It had shrunk to a very cute little basket (app. 22 cm in diameter). I now use it for my small knitting projects.

1 comment:

McMGrad89 said...

A very nice idea. I will just admire it and move on because if I thought too much about it, I would feel the need to add one more craft to my bag of tricks. For now, I will just let you be the knitter felter and I will be a quiet onlooker.