Thursday, October 20

Iphone app for scrapbookers

I think many of you already know how much I love my iphone and the new hype iphoneography. I have spent a lot of time getting to know my iphone camera and quite a few of the many apps one can use to enhance them. Although the iphone camera can not in any way compete with a DSLR camera technically speaking, it has many other things going for it, such as size, easy handling and availability (one tends to always have ones telephone close by:)). The very biggest advantage however is all the amazing, incredible, inspiring and fun applications one can buy for very little money. It has opened up a hole new level of creativity for me when it comes to photography with 100s of different filters and effects to use and combine. And, the best thing is, I can take a picture and edit it on the spot, where ever I am, maybe while waiting for the dentist, or at the hair dressers or on the bus. I can use all those little moments to do something I really love. This post is about one of those apps, namely one that is perfect for scrapbooker: Notica (btw. I'm not being sponsored here, although I certainly feel I should after being the reason many of my friends and class participants took a liking to both the app and the iphone:))

So what is Notica? It's kind of a diary with pictures. The app allows you to make little cards like the ones you see here. You can take a picture with the app or upload one from your camera roll, use one of the 9 integrated filters, add text and geo tag and voila, you have a card like this. You can practically scrapbook as you go. Like the second pic above; I took the pic, edited it and made this little card while waiting for the train. The third card I made while waiting for my plane on Schiphol. Then, if I want to, I can upload the cards to facebook or twitter or I can e-mail it to a friend or I can upload it to my computer, print it out and scrap it:) Can you see the coolness of this? Btw. do you recognize the pic in the first card? It's the photo I used to make my new blog logo:)

I hope you will leave a note if you find this interesting or if you have any questions. Please let me know on mariannehope@msn.com if you have any technical issues with my blog or with leaving a comment. And don't forget my cute giveaway in my last blog. All you have to do to win is leave a comment:) Have a nice evening still!

-->
Marianne:)

9 comments:

HMN said...

til min kjæreste, mine foreldre og mine søskens store glede er det eneste jeg ønsker meg til jul....en iPhone. Jeg skylder på deg :P ;)

Marianne said...

Haha! Good choice!!! Da blir det nok iphone paa deg, og sannsynligvis en bedre en enn min til og med!!:):):)

tulpino said...

Great site here! Found you over IG and liked you on FB. I love your blogs being a fan of iphoneography. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Creators of Notica here :)
We're so glad to find links like this one. It truly makes us happy to see people using Notica exactly the way we visioned when creating it.

Thanks!
Cleversome

Marina said...

Marianne jeg har skaffet meg iPhone4s i dag, jippi, etter å ha lest om hvor fornøyd du er med fotografering med iPhone. Nå skal jeg ut og fange øyeblikket. Takk for at du inspirerer.

Marianne Hope said...

Åååh!! Gratulerer!! Og heldiggris! Nå har du bedre kamera enn meg:):) Glad jeg kan inspirere deg og du kommer ikke til å angre kjøpet:) Når det gjelder apper for å bearbeide bildene, kan jeg anbefale camera+ til å starte med og etterhvert filterstorm (litt mer komplisert, men veldig bra) og selvfølgelig instagram. Da kan du bare sette igang og ta bilder:)

Marianne Hope said...

Hi Tulpino! and thank you for looking me up and liking my page! Highly appreciated! Greetings from Holland!

Leonie said...

Dear Marianne, thanks for your wonderful posts! I really like the atmosphere all your images have, it's fresh, yet well lived through in a way. Keep up the good work!

zahoran said...

Hi Marianne,

Congrats to the nice blog (and photos of course)! This is also the reason I'm writing: in your iPhone edit tutorial the photos are gone, invisible...

Bye,

Tamas @zahoran (IG)